Wednesday, June 16, 2010
9 Days to go
9 Reasons I Know I'm at the End
1. I woke up from a short nap yesterday and couldn't shake the feeling that I just wanted to cry. Did I have any reason? No! And I had a difficult time getting out of my funk. Hormones are reaching peak levels...caution...beware. I'm trying to keep a lid on things but the pressure is building. This is not an excuse for bad behavior but I can definitely feel that I'm not my normal self.
2. I've had a perpetual eye twitch for a few weeks now. The only other time I had such an eye twitch was in the weeks leading up to my wedding. It's a combination of subconscious stress and fatigue. Yeah, definitely getting close.
3. None of my shirts fit. Nothing more to really say about that.
4. My patience with the children is wearing a bit thin. Part of it is probably my own attitude which can translate to the boys, but it seems to me that everyone is having a tough week. Joshua still isn't walking whatsoever (sprained his leg/ankle this last weekend wrestling with Dad and brothers) so that means that when we go anywhere I have to carry him around. And the older two have been skirmisching (is that even a word?) more than usual. Maybe all of us know change is around the corner.
5. I've still got a few little things left on my To Do List but I have absolutely no desire to complete them. I'll be forcing myself to do them. A week ago the nesting urge was still strong. Now...I'd rather sleep.
6. As far as cooking dinner goes, we've sadly had to resort to things like hot dogs, grilled cheese, mac n' cheese and pancakes. These things aren't bad at all sometimes; however, I've been using them a little more than I'd like to. And to top it all off, I'm hungry but nothing really sounds good to eat.
7. Except, I have been craving the largest Diet Coke known to man and chocolate chip cookie dough. When you go so many months without, it just sounds so wonderful at the end. Over the weekend, I had some Diet Coke...she's developed now so I don't feel too bad. However, after getting a little taste of caffeine, all I want is more. Who said caffeine isn't addictive?
8. When I lay in bed to go to sleep at night, I have to reach out my arms to find my poor husband. It's like he's in a different country. My belly has gotten so big, I can't even cuddle close to him anymore and we're usually pretty close sleepers. Not to mention the jungle gym of the pillows. Shoot!
9. But here's the kicker...I must be nearing the end because I'm actually looking at the hospital stay with me, Steve and the baby as a vacation. All of you moms out there who just had their first child will probably be horrified by that statement. Vacation!!! How could it be? But trust me. To me, that extended weekend with the three of us (even without a full night's sleep) is pretty much sounding like paradise to me.
All in all, we're doing fine. I'm just trying to keep things light and laugh at myself a bit as I reach the end. So ha ha ha!! But truthfully, all of us here are really starting to get excited to meet that little girl.