Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Little Conversation

Today, when Caleb came home from school, he told me his test verse was the "X" verse, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3. I asked the precious boy if he knew what that meant. He said, "No." Isaac chimed in that it meant you needed to be a Christian. I then added that yes, one needed to be a Christian to see the Kingdom of God, which is heaven (at least in the simplest of terms). I asked Isaac, "Are you a Christian?" It was more of a rhetorical question/reminder; he is a Christian and always answers, "Yes!". I then moved onto Caleb who was sitting there thinking quite hard.

"Caleb are you a Christian?"

He looked puzzled and then answered slowly but stoutly, "Mom, I must not be a Christian, because I cannot see through the ceiling!!"

I died laughing. I couldn't help it! He thought he had to be able to see heaven right now!!

I then explained more of what it meant to be a Christian again and that we would see heaven when we died. That seemed to satisfy him enough and was once again reassured that yes, he was a Christian.

I love these little conversations I get to have with my boys. They totally crack me up and also inspire me to think bigger, to try and understand the Infinite I AM more, and to see that child-like faith is really true, unadulterated faith.

If I can be like them, like little children, I'll definitely be on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment