Thursday, March 8, 2012

In His Hands


There have been many things on my heart lately. They range from wondering about the future, worries over my children to relationships with others. And all of them have been magnified by us being half-way through the semester for Texas A&M. Half-way is always when I hit a wall, realize how long I've been sprinting and how much I need a rest.

As I've hit this point yet again, God has been renewing my mind over time, working with me and bringing me to the point of brokenness. I've also been reminded of many truths as I've been mulling over areas where I'm in sin that need repentance, things I need to let go of no matter how wrong I think they may be, and petitions that need to be laid at the cross.

God never sleeps. God carries me through every circumstance and He has the strength to carry me through every task He's given me to complete even if I don't know how I will actually get there.

So I need not fear.

And really, I'm very close to the top of this mountain (semester) and once on the other side, I'll be able to see the end. That's half the battle right there. The rest of my concerns will work themselves out over time. That's the beauty of time itself...it brings clarity and it heals.

As I wrote recently, difficulty isn't necessarily bad. It just feels that way sometimes. But it develops character, produces faith and gives hope.

Some of the chastisement and weariness I feel at this time, I deserve and some of it I don't. But either way, this I know for certain...

I'm in His hands.

He has me.

And that is enough.

In fact, it is everything and all the hope I need in the midst of my fears, worries and frustrations.

I'm in His hands.

In Your Hands
Bebo Norman

I didn't know how I'd love you when I looked into your eyes,
Now I have a heart, that cannot keep
And the greatest of fears, is that you'll leave me here
Stranded in this water, so deep.

So don't you turn away from me
Because my heart and my hope, they're in your hands
If I don't seem certain, it's just a common fear from a common man
But I'm in your hands.

Just so you know, I've never done this sort of thing before,
I've never given up my very soul,
But I have heard a voice, like none I've ever heard before,
And it's a voice that never grows old.

So don't you turn away from me
Because my heart and my hope, they're in your hands
If I don't seem certain, it's just a common fear from a common man
But I'm in your hands.

So don't you turn away from me
Because my heart and my hope, they're in your hands
If I don't seem certain, it's just a common fear from a common man
But I'm in your hands.
I'm in your hands.
I know, I'm in your hands.

Bebo Norman

3 comments:

  1. I love how you describe the brokenness place. I've been there a lot! And although it hurts, you are right, it's a good place to be. When I'm there, I really GET how dependent I am on God, because I KNOW I can't do it on my own.

    Sending love and hugs and joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley Carter-PulidoMarch 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM

    I love reading your blog. It always inspires me or makes me feel/have a positive outlook on life :) Thanks for sharing your heart-felt writing . . P.S. I love your Fall family pictures! They're gorgous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I can use your photo of the hands as the Youtube image for a song I wrote? It's about being held in God's arms (so not hands, exactly, but it's a beautiful photo!)
    My email is mlnchng@hotmail.com
    Let me know! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete