Monday, February 1, 2010

Thought Meadow Magazine




Are you ever looking for something great to read? When I have a good book I'm a very happy lady. When a magazine comes in the mail that I love to read, I swoon. I simply love good reading!! I love to pass the evenings with a great book in hand and a cup of tea. There's nothing like it. I especially love reading that is geared to me as a woman and articles that encourage me and challenge me to think about life, the world and the Lord.

A few months back a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to write for a little publication called Thought Meadow magazine. It was just started last year and they were looking for writers willing to contribute some articles and she knew I needed an outlet for my many words so she encouraged me to contact the editor. By the way, did I mention, she knows the editor so, really I already had an "in". Anyway, as I was looking through the magazine, I was really intrigued and entertained by the articles. I simply enjoyed it and decided to give it a go.

This particular magazine is just in its infancy but its quality is excellent. So...I just wanted to put out a little plug for this up-and-coming publication. In their own words the creators of this magazine state that "Thought Meadow is a Christian magazine produced by women for the edification of souls and sharpening of minds. We welcome respectful and charitable discussion." This magazine was created for the sole purpose of "challenging women to think theologically about a variety of different topics with the goal of increasing unity in the body of Christ as women from different denominations gather to hone their writing skills and sharpen their minds." I don't know about you but, when I sit down at night, I want to read something that is encouraging and gets me thinking at the same time. This magazine marries these two concepts well and its wit definitely doesn't disappoint either.

It really is a great little magazine written for Christian women and it's highly affordable. A year's subscription is a measly $6!! Yes, I did say $6!! The magazine is published quarterly so that is less than $2 a magazine. Their most recent edition was just printed and it's excellent. If you are interested in subscribing, you should check out their website at www.thoughtmeadow.com and click on "Subscribe".

If you're looking for a great little magazine that can get you thinking, encourage you and not burn a hole in your pocket, then saunter on over to the website and sign-up. In fact, sign all the women in your whole family up for a few bucks. You'll be glad you did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment