Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Table Talk


This kid will never take a serious picture!!

This conversation occurred at the breakfast table over the weekend.

Steve: Isaac, do you know you're going to have a baby sister?


Isaac: Yeah. Is she coming today?


Steve: No. It's still going to be a few months but she'll be here soon.

Isaac: Oh.

Me: What do you think we should name her?

Isaac: Hmmmmmm....it needs to be a pretty name.

This is a very astute observation coming from a four-year-old. Steve and I eye each other knowingly with a glimmer of hope that he, the oldest, just might "get it."

And then, after some thought, Isaac responds very enthusiastically....

Isaac: Maybe we could name her Isaac! I could share my name with her.

Nice to share but nope-- he definitely doesn't get it.

Steve: Isaac do you even know any girl names?


Isaac: No. Can I go play trains now?

This house is in for a shock. We can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. What a good heart our Isaac has; he wants to share his name with his sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to have three boys...they are the best! COngradulations on having a girl! Call me crazy, I htink if I were to get pregnant again, i would want another boy! So cute!

    ReplyDelete