Friday, February 5, 2010

This is the Life!


On their way to Daddy's Flag Football Game at Monte Vista (Daddy's coaching the 6th and 7th graders). It was the only home game and it wasn't raining too badly. Just enough to make some fun puddles and of course some great mud!


"Camping" in Caleb's bed. Big brother Isaac is reading to everyone and of course the flashlight makes it all so much more fun! They were all having such a good time that I didn't make them get dressed for awhile.

Sometimes I wish I could revert back to my childhood and live in the imaginary world that they do. But actually, when I really think about it, it's better to live it all vicariously through their little eyes. Yes...this is the life. I'll take my little seat in the corner and just watch. Then I can still be all grown-up but reminded, by my little boys, not to take life too seriously. And every once in awhile, more often than I might think, I'll probably learn a thing or two about being all grown-up from them and their careless take on life. It's during moments like these that I see how unique God made each of them, how much He loves them, how much we love them and what precious little souls they are. What a privilege.

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, these little boys have been 3 of the 4 best gifts that God has given us. Since we aren't there everyday, thanks for giving us Grandparents glimpses of their everyday life through your Blog. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete