Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Old But New

Ummmm...I am loving this blogging thing can you tell? I'm thinking in blog posts now. I've been amazed at how much I've missed writing (I used to be a Writer/Editor for a non-profit before my children came--don't judge me too harshly though if I make errors!!). It's like a part of me has been lying dormant for years now and has just been given an outlet. The words just keep coming. Who cares if no one reads it...I can still write, to someone about something--anything. This is a place for me to post encouraging words from amazing Christians and inspiring writers. It's also a new way for me to get all of my words out during the day. And believe me, I do have a lot of words that need a place to go. I can hardly talk on the phone anymore, and I shouldn't be doing it much anyway, due to very lively children and my oldest no longer taking a nap. Although he does have a rest time, I'm usually frantically doing other things and trying to get some reading time in. I used to journal a lot before I had children but found that it just takes so long to sit and write things down now. I can type much faster. Anyway, forgive my ramblings but I really should've done this a long time ago--not necessarily for anyone but myself. It feels like trying a forgotten recipe again, finding then wearing an old dress, rereading a favorite book, being enlived by classical music or like reliving a childhood memory--old but new. It just feels good. It's fun to dust off old passions and breathe new life into them. It's almost like discovering them for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki! This is Jenny Fugler - previously Jenny Jeffrey (Kate Hasson's sister) - remember me? Anyways, found your blog. Love your writing and am glad you started one. I also love to write and relate with you in what you said in this post. It's just a fast, fun, fruitful way to do what we love. I also miss journaling (since I became a mom 9 months ago), and hope one day it will return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love that you are blogging! You come through so beautifuly through your words. I've already got you bookmarked so keep the posts coming. Wish I could just pop in and have coffee with you while our kids run-a-muck!Love you!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete