Monday, August 29, 2011

Remembering


Welp, it's back to the real world. I'm baking bread, doing laundry and cleaning up messes. Yup, we're back to reality.

I'll spare you most of the details but the bottom line is this...we had the BEST time this weekend. I highly recommend it.

We ate out at amazing restaurants, we hiked for hours and talked, we snuggled and watched Jane Austen movies while drinking hot chocolate and coffee, we explored the coast, and we went and saw a movie...in a theater! (The Help is an incredible movie by the way) I know it's been ages!! Let me just say that movie popcorn is just unbeatable. There's nothing like it.

But most of all, we got to reconnect and just be us.

Because that's how it all started anyway.

You know, we fell in love eleven years ago as two young kids and now, somehow we've become "responsible" adults with four kids of our own!! It's hard to believe.

It was a long time coming. We haven't had a weekend like this since before children. But it was worth it...every single hour planning and every single penny spent.

It'll be awhile before we get an opportunity like that again and that's okay. We love our kids. We love to be with them. We love being parents. We don't resent our responsibilities and wish we could party it up all the time.

But every once in awhile, it's nice to get a glimpse of the past, to remember where we came from and how we've gotten here. And it's nice to be alone.

So here's to a great weekend. It wouldn't have been possible without Grandma and Grandpa Dauphin and Yia Ya and Pa Pou Georgatos. Thanks for taking all four kiddos so that we could have forty-eight hours straight to hold hands, look into each other's eyes and have uninterrupted conversations. We love you. You're our heroes!!

5 comments:

  1. Um...YEA!! SO glad you got to sneak away for a bit! I love that you two were able to do this and were able to enjoy it...and to enjoy coming home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you said was how Nick & I felt last weekend when we went away. You don't realize how badly you need that time alone until you're in it! So, hopefully you can make more time together, even if it's just a few hours on a date! :) So glad you were able to go and have TONS of fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you got to get away and everything worked out! I love you guys and praise God for his many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm cracking up at every picture of Steve's face. He has a very mischievious look in his eye. Yep, he's up to something with that beautiful girl in his arms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nini,
    I can't tell how good it was to see you a few weeks ago! So great to hear from you! I hope it's not forever until we see you again!

    Amber,
    I'm so glad that you and Nick got to get away! Thanks for the encouragement...yeah, maybe we can get out a bit more-if we're lucky! Ha ha!

    Steph,
    I miss you. Let's talk soon. Love you.

    Allison,
    Your comment had me rolling. Didn't you see the first line of the post..."I'll spare you most of the details."? Ha! I plead the 5th!

    ReplyDelete