Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ouch!!


Awwww...isn't he cute?

To the untrained eye, he looks so harmless. Yet, these little suckers are evil; just plain evil!! A crafty little creature, just like this one, decided to make its home in our......

wait for it........

ENGINE!

Yup, that's right. Right in our awesome, high powered, Honda Pilot. And wreaking havoc is an understatement of what this little mouse did to our wiring.

So, in exchange for one mouse "home", we got a $550 bill. OUCH!

When I found out how much it would be to fix the "problem" I wanted to hyperventilate. But then I was reminded of three very important things.

1. God is sovereign. He knew all about that mouse and He allowed him to make his home there. Oh well. Deal with it.

2. It's a small problem in comparison to many things. All it did was cost us money. That's it...and then it was fixed. I can't be upset about that.

3. In past years, like our first few years married, we never would've been able to handle a repair like that. It would've wiped us out financially. So I'm thankful that we've grown up enough and have become more stable to be able to take care of these types of things. It's truly a blessing. Really it is.

Yet I still strongly dislike those little guys. I used to feel bad if we caught a mouse and had to kill it. But after this, they're officially on my bad list. Die little suckers...die!! I'm seeking revenge for my car!!

When I get to heaven, I'm going to ask God why He made rodents. I don't think I've ever been able to think of a good reason they're around. But then again, I am puny and know nothing so...maybe it'll be better if I don't ask.

Either way, the mouse is gone, the car is back up and running smoothly, and I have wheels. I think in the end, I have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment