Monday, February 13, 2012

The Monday Report


Another week has flown by and I'm happy to report that much has been accomplished. Lots of noses have been wiped, dirty clothes have been washed, empty tummies been filled and yummy cheeks been kissed. A couple of things have stood out for me though as I reflect on the week.

I finally feel like we are in a rhythm with Steve's school. This is a huge relief. Steve is getting so much studying done during the week that sometimes (like this past Saturday) that means that he finishes early and then comes home! He was home at noon on Saturday. It was like Christmas to me. It won't happen that way all the time but, when it does, I'll take it. We also got some paperwork done that pretty much confirmed what we thought...he will have four classes left to graduate after this semester. If we can somehow afford it (and if he can get the classes he needs), he'll be done by Christmas. If not, it will be Spring 2013. Either way, it's not far. It's so nice to see an end in sight and to know that all of his hard work is going to pay off.

The boys have been hilarious lately. Last night, during a major wrestle session with their Dad, Steve decided I needed to get in on the action. So he took me hostage. I yelled for the boys to save me. Oh.my.goodness. I had no idea. But they went absolutely postal on their Dad. They were punching him and kicking him like they've never done before and dive bombing him from the coffee table like crazy. He finally "gave me up" and the boys then collapsed on the ground in happy exhaustion. This here Mama felt quite loved and cared for. Afterward, amidst the glow of victory, Caleb came and laid his head on my chest with a contented smile that spoke volumes...he knew they had protected me by fighting as hard as they could, and he was glad I was saved. However, they were all so tired afterward that they fell right to sleep.

Elle went on her first date with her Daddy last night to the Father/Daughter Valentine's Day Party at church. I know she's only 1 1/2 but, I was SO excited to send her on her first Daddy date. She was a tad out of it as we had to wake her up from her nap a bit early to go but, when she came home she was all smiles and Steve said they had a splendid time out. Darling.

By the way, I love how Elle is holding a gun and a baby in her fancy dress here. Cracks me up. Caleb just grabbed her and smiled as big as he could. He wanted to take a picture with his baby sister-hilarious.

Today I've been putzing around doing my normal routine of laundry, baking bread, school with the two boys at home, finishing up Valentines for tomorrow's parties and building with legos. Not a bad way to spend a Monday.

Tomorrow my mom offered to send Steve and I out for a few hours in the early evening for a Valentine's date. Priceless. It's been awhile...I.cannot.wait.

I've had a lot of things on my mind lately that I want to write about but I've been a tad tired. Soon....

Until next time my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment