Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nine Years Ago...


I married an incredible man who I love more than my whole life.

Steve,

The mark of a good husband can always be seen in the strength of his wife. Is she flourishing? Is she happy? Is she free to create and move and love? There is no question, that under your care, I have grown into the woman I am today. That has been God's blessing to me. Without you in my life, I would've stayed put...unwavering...unchanging and afraid. Yet, your love has moved me. Your courage has given me strength. And your belief in me has helped me scale every mountain, your hand in mine, with our eyes turned upward, filled with hope and grace. God has used you to make me grow through hardship and your encouragement has helped me blossom into my gifts. And I am grateful.

You carry all five of us on your shoulders and that can be heavy--definitely good but heavy. Over the last year I've watched you bear your load with grace, humility, diligence and care. And amidst you carrying us, I've witnessed how God has carried you.

You are my beloved and there is no other.

Happy Nine Years. May God give us many more. May we grow old together and see our children's children. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! That is so sweet! I feel the same way about my husband--He has given me courage to do things I never thought I could. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Watching the video reminds me what a full nine years it has been! We love you guys so much and hope you know how much your marriage and your family has impacted us. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the video, what precious memories! So excited to see you guys soon! :)

    ReplyDelete