Monday, July 11, 2011

The Good Life


So it's summer and I've been neglecting my blog a bit. Just a bit. But I have good reason.

We've been swimming.

We've been hiking in the redwoods.

We've been going crazy in the sand and running in the waves.

We've been playing with cousins and running around with friends.

And every single night, we've been soaking up the waning sun by eating outside.

The garden is going crazy.

As in...I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-the-abundance-coming-down-the-pike-CRAZY! And tomatoes are on the horizon-lots of them.

Snap peas are exploding!! These snap peas were a totally unexpected crop...we kept thinking they were just a mess of nothingness. Yet today we discovered a plethora of the cute, little pea pods all over the place.

Summer squash is going to be coming out my ears!

We've been roasting marshmallows-big, fat, juicy ones; getting sticky, sandy, tired, and playing outside until we drop.

We've been telling stories about princes and princesses who triumph over evil and slay the dragons.

We've been getting dirty...very dirty and not bathing enough to make up for it. Shhhhh...don't tell on me.

Daddy is home a lot and he and I have been sitting around the chimenia talking about life until it's time for bed.

So I've been neglecting the blog...just a bit.

I'll be back.

But I've got to soak this in while I can. It's just a season and it's too short.

Soon school will be back in session and summer will be a distant memory.

So I'm relishing every single second.

This is the good life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your garden is going crazy. Thank you, Lord, for the abundance and for warm summer days!.

    ReplyDelete