Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Patty


A little over a year ago I was introduced to the very talented, amazing musical artist Patty Griffin. Okay, not personally, but we'll just say that's when I first found out about her and she really is fabulous. You know when you find someone who can sing, really, really, well and not just with a popsy-sound but one who is a really talented musician, you almost can't get enough of them. Well, that's been me. Maybe this will get your attention...she has written for the Dixie Chicks since their beginning. Most of her songs are so good. She's isn't a Christian singer so I can't endorse all of them. However, she's got an amazing sound, is so folksy and jazzy all at the same time, and listening to her puts me in a good mood. She just sings about life. One of her songs that is particularly moving is called The Long Ride Home, where she sings about a lady, who is riding home after her husband of 40 year's funeral. "Forty years go by with someone laying in your bed. Forty years of things you see and wish you'd never said. How hard would've it have been to say some kinder words instead? I wonder as I stare up at the sky a-turnin red." Other favorites are Rain, Burgundy Shoes, Gonna Let Him Fly, When it Don't Come Easy (first song I ever heard of hers) and Time Will do the Talking. If you need some new music, pop on over to iTunes and check her out. You might just find out that you really like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment