Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Eight Amazing Years

“Marriage is a vocation. It is a task to which you are called. If it is a task, it means you work at it. It is not something which happens. You hear the call, you answer, you accept the task, you enter into it willingly and eagerly, you commit yourself to its disciplines and responsibilities and limitations and privileges and joys. You concentrate on it, giving yourself to it day after day in a lifelong Yes.” --Elisabeth Elliot, Let Me Be a Woman, p. 102

Steve...Another year and another anniversary flies by. Eight years. It seems but a breath, yet a whole lifetime.


July 20, 2002

Being married to you is my greatest joy. I love you more with each passing day and am in awe of the beauty that God has painted in both of our lives by us being so closely knitted together.


Hume Lake 2004

It amazes me how, the longer we're married, the more I feel like you're just a part of me and I'm a part of you. Yet at the same time, I can look at you and you're still a mystery to me...a strong, courageous, quiet mystery.

I pray that we will grow old together. I pray that God will give us much time.


Cal Poly's Graduation 2004

For you are my beloved and there is no other. I have known no greater love, other than the Love of my Savior, than the love you have poured into me. Steve, "In this life, you're the one place I call home."

I love you,

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We love you guys! You are a beautiful example of a God-glorifying marriage.

    Love ya,

    TeamReno

    ReplyDelete