Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No longer five...


......But six! That's right folks. It's time to announce to the blogging world that we are expecting our fourth child at the end of June! Don't ask me if it was planned because, well...it was planned by the Lord and so we're excited! I officially hit 13 weeks today and I'm feeling much, much, MUCH better. My goodness, with each pregnancy it gets a bit harder to keep up with everything, especially in the beginning and near the end. The nausea hit me pretty hard this time (for me at least) so coupled with that and major fatigue, I've been pretty out of it for the last three months. Poor Steve literally carried me to bed almost every night for a long time as I'd fallen asleep on the couch after the boys went to bed! But God is so faithful and I have an amazing husband, so we've all pulled through just fine.

Sorry I haven't been blogging much. I'll back in the swing here pretty soon! Also, as you can see from the stellar pictures that my four-year-old took, my belly is already out there at 13 weeks! Wow...the body just sticks out faster and faster every.single.time!! Good thing my jeans still fit although it won't be long!

I can't believe that in a few short months we'll be a family of six. Good thing we planned ahead and got a car that seats 8! Go Honda Pilots!! Wow...I'm not sure how I'm going to handle all of it but I know God will give me wisdom and tons of strength. It's good to be weak and not know what we're doing anyway. "Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God." Is. 50:11 b Amen and amen. We thank God for blessing us yet again. To God be the glory.

5 comments:

  1. NIKKI!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! 9I'll be praying for a girl, if that's okay with you!) If you are in San Jose at all for the holidays, I would love to see you. If not, I want to make the trek to see your sweet little family after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting news Nikki! And I love your note on asking if it was planned (which I will say I think is a very rude question for people to ask....). With number one, everyone is excited, with number 2 some comment on the age difference (maybe too close in their opinion)and then number 3 for us was constant, "was this planned???". It was so annoying. I can only imagine with your 4th on the way and your first being 4 years old.....
    But I love it! Yay for big families and yay for siblings all close in age! You are a wonderful mommy and will be juggling those kiddos like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What blessed news! Thrilled for you! Man - all that was going on with water and laundry - no wonder you were exhausted. Pregnancy alone is so exhausting - you are a strong woman and a trooper. I'll be keeping you, Baby and all your guys in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!! congratulations! how far apart does that make josh and this baby? love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Nikki and Steve. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Goodness. You are doing great and will continue to do great, Nikki. And, yes, God will give you the strength and wisdom you need. And I know Steve will be right there beside you as you raise these boys (and baby?) together. love you guys and hugs

    ReplyDelete